TornadoSpy [Download from ITunes] enables users to easily observe and report tornado sightings within seconds. All tornado sightings are visible on a built-in map. In addition to user sightings, it includes real-time tornado reports from the U.S. National Weather Service and professional storm spotters! Download now, and become a part of the fastest and largest storm spotting network.
On 5/10/10, a user spotted the Oklahoma City tornado 20 minutes before the NOAA report. This is a frequent occurrence since user reports are submitted and viewable immediately.
For additional information, refer to the TornadoSpy FAQ.
- Now includes email alerts (testing has shown it is roughly 10 minutes faster than standard push updates)!
- View tornadoes worldwide at any time
- Report nearby tornadoes with a simple touch.
- Email alerts
- Share and view tornado photos in seconds
- Filter sightings by spotter ratings
- View previous tornadoes
- Write storm report notes
- Rate other user sightings